Energy management is more important than time management. Energy management is more important than project management. Energy management is more important than task management.
Energy management is more important than almost any other productivity strategy, and in this video I’m laying out why.
If you’re new here, I’m Brittany, and I’m the founder here at Work Brighter, a digital media company and community to help you escape hustle culture and find a better balance between productivity and self-care. We do that through our community, trainings, and tools like the Energy Sleuth app and our other energy trackers.
And if you’re not new here, you’ve probably heard me talk about energy management before, because I freaking love it. It has been so revolutionary to my life, work, and well, energy. But guess what? You’re gonna hear some more now.
In this video, I specifically want to focus on why energy management is so important and needs to be prioritized above implementing any other productivity or self-care strategy.
00:00 – Introduction
00:56 – About Energy Management
02:30 – Energy Management vs. Spoon Theory
03:23 – Energy Management vs. Time Management
05:02 – Energy Management vs. Project Management
07:50 – Energy Management vs. Task Management
08:36 – How to Start Managing Your Energy
🦄 Links Mentioned
– Energy Sleuth Energy Tracker: https://energysleuth.app/
– Energy Management Course: https://workbrighter.co/shop/#t-1595038321149
– Energy Management Introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnOvR6Je1DU
– How to Conduct an Energy Audit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihms1HGysU
🦄 For more advice on ditching best practices and frameworks, subscribe to Work Brighter Weekly at http://workbrighter.co/newsletter/
🦄 See what’s on the Work Brighter bookshelf: http://workbrighter.co/bookshelf/
🦄 Check out our favorite tools for working brighter: http://workbrighter.co/resources/
🦄 And to join our BFF group of productive unicorns, join the Work Brighter Clubhouse, a monthly membership to help you find the balance between productivity and self-care: http://workbrighter.co/clubhouse/
✨More tips to work brighter ✨
– Favorite self-care apps and tools to stay balanced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYgROqhYyw4
– How to avoid overplanning yourself to burnout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EfWQdGMR8
– Why you should manage your time before your to-do list or calendar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnOvR6Je1DU